I'm into baking

last month I make a late night decision to make Snicker doodle bars out of sheer desperation to not go to the store to buy birthday treats for a birthday at work the following day.

I had no idea what I was doing, doubled the recipe, used the wrong sugar, halved the cinnamon, baked it for over double the time and just made an educated guess. I took it out after the time the recipe said for a single batch and damn it was gooey. I put it back in after cutting the bars... they were raw.

I put the dish back in for more time. Over double the amount the recipe suggested. When I took it out the top was crispy and melted when it was supposed to be delicately brushed with a sugar coating, It looked ugly compared to the picture, that is an understatement.

I cut them again when I got to work - they were SO hard. Oops. I prayed people would just be happy about the birthday sentiment and chance of pace from the box cupcakes we normally have for birthdays. No hard feelings on those! I would have preferred to make them to be honest, I just didn't want to go to leave the house at 9pm on a Sunday.

You never know what will be a surprise win or a surprise loss. All I know is that regardless of what I do, I should remain confident. My gut can be a great navigator and I should listen to it more often.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top