Baking adventures from July 2014 - November 2014

Both of these Caramel Apple Cake recipes above from the Trophy Cupcakes and Party book were DELICIOUS, everyone raved about them! I made the cupcakes for Halloween and the cake for a birthday. I always need an excuse :)
I made Caramel Apple Pie for Thanksgiving this year. I used Trophy Cupcakes Caramel recipe, a spin-off of Magnolia Bakery's pie crust (full butter), and Sally's Baking Addiction's Salted Caramel Apple Pie - pie recipe and directions for the lattice. I didn't add salt :P

This was a Vegan "German Chocolate Cake" made from the Dining In Seattle Cookbook. This recipe contribution is from an amazing vegan and vegetartian restaurant called Cafe Flora in Seattle.

I made for a birthday in September. I made it gluten free with the Trader Joe's Gluten Free flour mix. In the future I would not make this gluten free, but it was great as a vegan cake! I also couldn't go to this party because I was still recovering from surgery but I heard it was good. The gluten free flour didn't bake all the way through in the time the recipe said so I baked it for extra time. I am afraid it was a bit dry- hence why next time I will not make this gluten free again, just in case.
 
Last but not least, this bunt cake was made from a gluten free cake mix for a friend's birthday, who is grain free. We added a caramel sauce on top for moisture! I didn't get to go to the party since I was recovering from surgery but I heard it was good through the grapevine even thought I had my doubts because it was made from a mix.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top